Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questons


The processing time for an expedited passport in United States can vary based on current demand and the time of year. Typically, expedited passport processing takes 4 to 6 weeks. However, you may be able to receive your passport more quickly if you provide proof of immediate travel plans.

Expedited processing incurs an additional fee, which is in addition to the standard passport application fees. As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, the expedited service fee was $60 per application. It’s essential to check the U.S. Department of State’s website or contact the United States passport acceptance facility or agency for the most up-to-date processing times and fees.

To request expedited passport renewal in United States, you can follow these steps:

  • Fill out the DS-82 form for passport renewal on the U.S. Department of State’s website.
  • Clearly indicate that you want to expedite your renewal.
  • Pay the additional expedited service fee, which is in addition to the regular renewal fee.
  • Include proof of your immediate travel plans that require a valid passport within the next 14 days or a visa application within the next 28 days.

Eligibility for expedited renewal is typically based on documented travel plans or visa application requirements that necessitate a faster turnaround time.

Yes, you have the option to use a third-party passport expediting service or agency for your passport renewal in United States. These agencies specialize in expediting the renewal process and can help you get your renewed passport more quickly.

The process typically involves the following steps:

  1. Contact a reputable passport expediting agency in United States.
  2. They will provide you with the necessary forms and guidance on how to complete them accurately.
  3. You’ll need to provide the agency with your original passport, passport photos, and any required supporting documents.
  4. The agency will submit your application on your behalf and pay the expedited service fee.
  5. They will keep you informed about the status of your application and when you can expect to receive your renewed passport.

Using a third-party service can be convenient, especially if you have urgent travel plans or want to ensure a smooth and efficient renewal process. However, be aware that these services often charge additional fees for their assistance, in addition to the standard passport renewal and expedited service fees.

Yes, it is possible to expedite your passport name change for international travel in United States. To do so, you’ll need to meet specific requirements and provide documentation to substantiate your immediate need for the name change:

Immediate Travel Plans: You must demonstrate that you have imminent international travel plans that necessitate the name change. This could include a flight itinerary, hotel reservations, or other travel-related documents indicating your need for a valid passport with the updated name.

Form DS-5504: Complete Form DS-5504 for passport name change, available on the U.S. Department of State’s website.

Supporting Documents: Gather supporting documents that confirm the name change reason, such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court-ordered name change document.

New Passport Photo: Obtain a recent passport photo that adheres to the U.S. passport photo requirements.

Fee Payment: Pay the applicable passport fee for the name change and the additional expedited service fee.

Submission: Submit your completed DS-5504 form, supporting documents, passport photo, and fees to the nearest passport acceptance facility or agency in United States.

Expedited name change processing is generally faster than standard processing and can help you obtain your updated passport with the new name in time for your international travel. Be sure to check the U.S. Department of State’s website or contact the United States passport agency for the most current information and requirements regarding expedited name changes for travel.

Yes, if you’ve lost your passport while abroad and require immediate travel back to the United States, you can apply for an emergency passport renewal. Here’s how the process typically works:

  1. Contact the Nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate: As soon as you realize your passport is lost or stolen, contact the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate in the country you are visiting. They will provide guidance on the steps to take and the documents required for an emergency passport.
  2. File a Police Report: In many cases, it’s advisable to file a local police report about the lost or stolen passport, as it can help in the passport replacement process.
  3. Proof of Immediate Travel: You’ll need to provide proof of your immediate travel plans, such as a confirmed flight itinerary, to demonstrate the urgency of your situation.
  4. Form DS-11: Fill out Form DS-11, “Application for a U.S. Passport,” which is typically available at U.S. embassies and consulates abroad.
  5. Supporting Documents: Gather any supporting documents requested by the embassy or consulate, including passport photos.
  6. Fee Payment: Pay the applicable passport fee for the emergency replacement, which may be higher than standard fees.
  7. Temporary Passport: In some cases, the embassy or consulate may issue you a temporary or emergency passport that allows you to return to the United States.
  8. Passport Replacement: After your return to the U.S., you can follow the regular passport replacement process to obtain a new, non-emergency passport.

It’s crucial to contact the U.S. embassy or consulate as soon as possible if you’ve lost your passport while abroad and require an emergency replacement to ensure a smooth and expedited return to the United States.